Vice President, Growth
Reports To: President & CEO
Location: Plano, TX
TPC is a member-owned supply chain, purchased services management, and revenue cycle partnership that operates across multiple states and is comprised of independent, community-based health systems representing more than 20 acute care hospitals.
TPC provides a platform for members to work together as a single system in order to create unique value through customized contracting and optimize financial, economic and clinical performance. TPC members represent approximately $1 billion in purchasing volume with active plans to expand in 2017.
The Sales Executive will be responsible for growing the business by identifying and selling solutions to prospective hospital customers. The right candidate will have a proven ability to relate quickly and authentically with high level executives, learn and understand their needs, rapidly and accurately identify where opportunities exist (and where don’t), and has the confidence and tenacity to drive a business transaction to completion. The right candidate will be fluid in his or her ability to work with multiple stakeholders and drive tangible economic value for hospitals and TPC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prequalify prospects; achieve growth objectives outlined within the company’s growth plan.
2. Develops effective relationships C-Suite executives, often times in a matrix organization.
3. Identifies solutions by remaining credible and current regarding healthcare industry trends, hospital and supply chain market activities, and regional/national GPO competitors; reports market intelligence and new information to senior leaders.
4. Maintains a well-developed professional network.
5. Collaboratively works with senior leaders and board members to develop offerings for prospective customers.
6. Prepares and present proposals, including detailed financial modeling.
7. Negotiates contracts to closure.
8. Builds and manages relationships with hospital executives, business partners and internal staff.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
2. 5 years progressive experience in solution sales within healthcare industry.
3. Ability to work independently and manage multiple customers and stakeholders.
4. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
5. Strong presentation skills in a variety of settings/formats.
6. Effective planner with exceptional attention to detail.
7. Ability to solve problems, make good decisions and identify/assign key resources for support.
8. Self-driven and proactive; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
9. Proficiency in Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM) and Microsoft Office.
10. Experience utilizing LinkedIn and other social networks for the purposes of networking, relationship development, and industry education.
11. Knowledge of current/future trends in healthcare industry.
12. Has a strong drive for results and excellence.
50% regional travel