manager, Revenue Cycle
Reports To: Vice President, Revenue Cycle
Location: Plano, TX
TPC is growing! We are looking for people to join our team.
As a partnership of 10 community-based, independent health systems, TPC represents $1 billion in purchasing volume and has saved Members over $230 million since 2010. Our team works as an extension of our Member hospitals to help them achieve exponentially more together, within supply chain, purchased services and revenue cycle, than they could individually.
We are a small company with a big impact. We have been able to achieve superior results with a lean, highly-qualified staff, where every member of our team plays a significant role in the value we are able to provide to our Member hospitals.
We want people who:
- Drive Results – those who can execute and create impactful value for our Members
- Lead Well – those who take responsibility and offer leadership at any level within the organization
- Have Fun – those who find intrinsic joy in their work and their development
To learn more about TPC, visit us at TPC1.com. Stronger Together. Superior Results.
We are in the business of helping hospitals remain independent. This position will serve that mission as a Manager for the TPC Revenue Cycle (RC) Team and support the VP of Revenue Cycle in delivering savings and performance improvement for TPC Members.
We are looking for a passionate, results driven, data oriented, individual to help lead our Member facilities in improving their revenue cycle. The position will have direct day to day interaction with the frontline revenue cycle managers, directors, and CFO’s of our Member institutions. This position will play a key role in developing revenue cycle strategy for our Members and system.
The leading candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skill to bridge gaps, build consensus and understand our Member needs. The skills gained and/or a background in advisory consulting or client management will be critical to the candidate’s success including:
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Works well in a team or as an individual and has a sense of responsibility to the Member
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and will collaborate with Member to develop solutions to problems with inconsistent data or information
- Providing a case to Member leaders on the best course of action and fostering change
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical and subject matter expertise in support of the TPC RC team and Members (75%)
- Builds and maintains relationships with revenue cycle leaders and managers at Member facilities
- Supports best practice and performance improvement projects as defined by the Revenue Cycle Council (RCC) and VP of Revenue Cycle
- Leads and manages projects to drive operational and financial improvement across multiple revenue cycle departments (i.e. Patient Access, Revenue Integrity, CDI, HIM, Managed Care Contracting and Patient Accounting) and multiple locations
- Assist Members in obtaining and validating revenue cycle data
- Perform data analytics and benchmarks Member data against industry and HFMA best practices
- Optimize revenue cycle workflow, systems, and operations at TPC Members
- Identify opportunities for improvement through observations, analysis, and interviews and builds a case for change
- Utilize expertise to build projects/program that meet the business needs of Members and TPC
- Manage both TPC and Member resources to drive results timely
2. Provides operational support to TPC RC team members (10%)
3. Coordinates aspects of TPC meetings, webinars, conference calls and events, in conjunction with TPC Revenue Cycle team as appropriate (10%)
4. Provides administrative support to TPC RC team (5%)
5. Provides other duties as required by TPC RC team
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or healthcare related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of experience in healthcare revenue cycle project management or consultative experience preferred.
- Experience in hospital and/or physician revenue cycle including Patient Access, Revenue Integrity, HIM/Coding, and Patient Accounting.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications, including but not limited to advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent data management skills.
- Skilled at drafting and editing correspondence and associated documentation.
- Experience with hospital and physician patient accounting systems, such as EPIC, Cerner, McKesson, GE, and Allscripts.
Travel: Up to 50% (1-2 days a week).
Submit your resume to Florence Rick at email@example.com.