Manager, sourcing distribution
Reports To: Director, Supply Chain Operations
Location: Plano, TX
As a partnership of community-based, independent health systems, TPC represents $1 billion in purchasing volume and has saved Members over $230 million since 2010. Our team works as an extension of our Member hospitals to help them achieve exponentially more together, within supply chain, purchased services and revenue cycle, than they could individually.
We are a small company with a big impact. We have been able to achieve superior results with a lean, highly-qualified staff, where every member of our team plays a significant role in the value we are able to provide to our Member hospitals.
We want people who:
- Drive Results – those who can execute and create impactful value for our Members
- Lead Well – those who take responsibility and offer leadership at any level within the organization
- Have Fun – those who find intrinsic joy in their work and their development
This position is responsible for the vendor management, coordination and development, and negotiations for distribution agreements. To be an effective part of the team; must be a self-sufficient person with strong relationship skills who can interpret Member needs, think strategically, be able to effectively manage the performance of TPC contracted distributors. This role translates to key objectives, for increase Member participation resulting in greater value to Members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. As a generalist, you will have responsibility managing distribution agreements with 3rd parties including, but not limited to: Med/Surge Distribution, Lab Distribution, Pharmacy Distribution, and Food Distribution.
2. Contribute to identify opportunities for cost savings by negotiating and administering contracts, initiating RFI/RFPs, overseeing renewals, driving supplier performance management and demand management opportunities.
3. Prepare business review updates, financial estimates, and PowerPoint presentation decks for current and proposed opportunities.
4. Ensures compliance of TPC contracts identifying trends or patterns and abiding by applicable regulatory and legal requirements of local, state, and federal laws.
5. Collaborates in the facilitation of member task forces led by VPs and/or Directors involving cost containment, contract compliance, and standardization efforts.
6. Participates in the evaluation of distributor proposals for purchases of products and services to assure adherence to specifications.
7. Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with distributors and TPC Members.
8. Develop effective relationships with Members, distributors, and internal stakeholders.
9. Assist with special projects as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Five years minimum of contracting experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified and has led procurement and contract negotiations, in the healthcare space with experience creating effective strategies and processes for distributor management.
3. Highly motivated and results driven with a provide track record in achieving goals (individual and company).
4. Marshals data analytics sources and other resources to contribute to multiple initiatives planned throughout the year.
5. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
6. Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
7. Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to internal and external customers.
8. Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions.
9. Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
10. Flexible, action-oriented team player
11. Skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Important – This does require intermediate knowledge of Microsoft products of Excel and PowerPoint.
Travel: Up to 15%