Manager, Purchased Services
Reports To: Director of Purchased Services
Location: Plano, TX
As a partnership of community-based, independent health systems, TPC represents $1 billion in purchasing volume and has saved Members over $180 million since 2010. Our team works as an extension of our Member hospitals to help them achieve exponentially more together, within supply chain, purchased services and revenue cycle, than they could individually.
We are a small company with a big impact. We have been able to achieve superior results with a lean, highly-qualified staff, where every member of our team plays a significant role in the value we are able to provide to our Member hospitals.
We want people who:
- Drive Results – those who can execute and create impactful value for our Members
- Lead Well – those who take responsibility and offer leadership at any level within the organization
- Pursue Innovation – those who think beyond the status quo and generate new ideas, opportunities and processes
- Have Fun – those who find intrinsic joy in their work and their development
This position is responsible for the development, coordination, negotiation, and management of a broad spectrum of contracts (preferably in IT & Telecom). To be an effective part of the team; must be a self-sufficient person who can interpret Member needs, think strategically, be able to effectively manage the contracting process from beginning to end, translate objectives, execute outcomes and present contract deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. As a generalist, you will have responsibility for leading and managing procurement activities for TPC to support key areas in Purchased Services related to IT & Telecom categories.
2. Contribute to identify opportunities for cost savings by negotiating and administering contracts, initiating RFI/RFPs, overseeing renewals, driving supplier performance management and demand management opportunities.
3. Prepares financial estimates and PowerPoint presentation decks for current and proposed opportunities to support the VPs and/or Directors.
4. Ensures compliance of TPC contracts with applicable regulatory and legal requirements of local, state, and federal laws.
5. Collaborates in the facilitation of member task forces led by VPs and/or Directors involving cost containment, contract compliance, and standardization efforts.
6. Participates in the evaluation of vendor proposals for purchases of products and services to assure adherence to specifications.
7. Participates in the preparation of long- and short-range plans for selection, evaluation, education, communication and resource planning for all products and services.
8. Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with business partners and TPC members.
9. Develop effective relationships with members, business partners, and internal stakeholders
10. Assist with special projects as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Five years minimum of contracting experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified and has led procurement and contract negotiations, preferably in the IT & Telecom space with experience creating effective strategies and processes for global supplier management.
3. Highly motivated and results driven with a provide track record in achieving goals (individual and company).
4. Marshals data analytics sources and other resources to contribute to multiple initiatives planned throughout the year.
5. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
6. Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
7. Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to internal and external customers.
8. Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions.
9. Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
10. Flexible, action-oriented team player
11. Skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Important – This does require intermediate knowledge of Microsoft products of Excel and PowerPoint.
Travel: Up to 25%