Director, Purchased services
Reports To: Vice President, Purchased Services
Location: Plano, TX
TPC is growing! We are looking for people to join our team.
As a partnership of 11 community-based, independent health systems, TPC represents $1 billion in purchasing volume and has saved Members over $180 million since 2010. Our team works as an extension of our Member hospitals to help them achieve exponentially more together, within supply chain, purchased services and revenue cycle, than they could individually.
We are a small company with a big impact. We have been able to achieve superior results with a lean, highly-qualified staff, where every member of our team plays a significant role in the value we are able to provide to our Member hospitals.
We want people who:
- Drive Results – those who can execute and create impactful value for our Members
- Lead Well – those who take responsibility and offer leadership at any level within the organization
- Pursue Innovation – those who think beyond the status quo and generate new ideas, opportunities and processes
- Have Fun – those who find intrinsic joy in their work and their development
The Director of Purchased Services will develop strategies for new contracting areas external of traditional supply chain contracting. The Director will manage a contract portfolio of services to encompass one or two of the following areas: support services, facility services, human resource services, clinical services and ancillary services. The position requires a strategic mind-set and business acumen to apply business cases in working across disciplines within hospitals to make collective decisions. As such, the position requires a collaborative approach to broker contractual relationships between providers and suppliers to effectively and efficiently deliver better care while managing costs across respective markets.
The position is results-oriented with the ability to adapt to an area or contracts based on ability to learn and act quickly to maximize value for the business. This business generalist role will cover a wide span of responsibilities including: market research, supplier assessments, competitive bids, content expertise, contract negotiations and ongoing supplier management. The Director, Purchased Services will develop the strategy and manage key member task forces to collectively identify best practices in contracting, and more so broader business results in positive operational outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work closely with key hospital executives to link current business challenges and provide new service-related solutions.
2. Identify, develop and manage new business development opportunities including research, request for proposals, and negotiation of terms for final contractual agreement.
3. Monitor industry trends through market data resources.
4. Build and manage relationships with member hospitals, suppliers and internal staff.
5. Manage budget goals and forecasts for a defined portfolio of services.
6. Manage contracting processes through periodic financial and quality control audits.
7. Manage disparate data resources for analysis and reporting.
8. Manage external content experts including consultants/brokers, if required.
9. Assist with special projects as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Finance, Marketing, or like field; MBA preferred.
2. 5 years progressive experience in contracting for a group purchasing organization, healthcare provider or consulting firm. Similar experience in a business development, marketing or sales role at a supplier organization may be considered.
3. Demonstrated expertise in competitive bidding, launch, negotiation and management of contractual agreements with documented revenue or savings results.
4. Ability to solve problems, make good decisions and identify/assign key resources for support.
5. Ability to think and act strategically; strong analytical skills and business acumen.
6. Comprehensive business knowledge and skills to build a business case, convey a compelling message of value and gain full support and commitment of participation.
7. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
8. Ability to work independently and with groups to manage multiple projects and stakeholders.
9. Strong presentation skills in a variety of settings/formats.
10. Effective planner with exceptional attention to detail.
11. Results-oriented to take action to achieve goals; above and beyond what is required (target).
12. Proficiency in Microsoft Office with ability to compile key elements of information from various sources and manipulate data using Excel and Access.
10-15% regional travel (Texas, Arkansas, Missouri)
For more information or to apply, contact Giau Rohde at email@example.com.