Director - Clinical Services, perioperative
Reports To: Vice President of Clinical Integration Services
Location: Plano, TX
As a partnership of community-based, independent health systems, TPC represents $1 billion in purchasing volume and has saved Members over $230 million since 2010. Our team works as an extension of our Member hospitals to help them achieve exponentially more together, within supply chain, purchased services and revenue cycle, than they could individually.
We are a small company with a big impact. We have been able to achieve superior results with a lean, highly-qualified staff, where every member of our team plays a significant role in the value we are able to provide to our Member hospitals.
We want people who:
- Drive Results – those who can execute and create impactful value for our Members
- Lead Well – those who take responsibility and offer leadership at any level within the organization
- Have Fun – those who find intrinsic joy in their work and their development
To provide leadership and overall direction to the Perioperative Supply Chain program by using strategic relationships with Perioperative Clinical Value Analysis Team (CVAT) members, clinicians and healthcare leaders to drive cost-savings and achieve quality outcomes. This position will develop strategies to produce efficiencies and financial value for the membership while maintaining oversight for and coordination with consultants on clinical initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage the initiatives within the Perioperative work plan in such a way that the annual tangible value goals are met.
2. Facilitate and manage all CVAT conference calls and meetings for the Perioperative service line.
3. Coordinate and present all Perioperative initiatives to Supply Chain Council and keep the Council well informed on those initiatives.
4. Perform local physician meetings at TPC Member sites in preparation of any Physician Sub-Committee meetings that involve the Perioperative service line.
5. In collaboration with a GPO subject matter expert, facilitate and manage all PSC meetings that involve the Perioperative service line
6. Provide oversight and direction in the analytics for the Perioperative initiatives and ensure that they are accurate.
7. When appropriate, recommend that certain Perioperative initiatives are performed as a pre-commit and ensure that the pre-commit process is followed for those initiatives
8. Work closely with the Perioperative CVAT to ensure that Perioperative initiatives are signed off on in a timely manner.
9. In collaboration with the TPC Director of Supply Chain Operations, perform supplier management for Perioperative suppliers in such a way that follows TPC policy and is appropriately fair to all potentials TPC suppliers.
10. Perform all tasks and duties required to support the on-boarding of any new TPC Member.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
2. Ten years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Extensive experience working with physicians is required.
3. Demonstrated expertise in managing cost savings initiatives in a healthcare setting.
4. Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and stakeholders.
5. Strong presentation skills in a variety of settings/formats.
6. Ability to solve problems, proactive and takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
Travel: Travel is estimated to be 50%.