DIRECTOR, Clinical integration
Reports To: Vice President, Supply Chain
Location: Plano, TX
TPC is a member-owned supply chain, purchased services management, and revenue cycle partnership that operates across multiple states and is comprised of independent, community-based health systems representing multiple acute care hospitals.
TPC provides a platform for members to work together as a single system in order to create unique value through customized contracting and optimize financial, economic and clinical performance. TPC Members represent approximately $1 billion in purchasing volume with active plans to grow membership in 2017.
The role of this position is to provide leadership and overall direction to the clinical integration program by using strategic relationships with physicians and healthcare leaders to drive cost-savings and achieve quality outcomes. This position will develop strategies to produce efficiencies and financial value for the membership while maintaining oversight for and coordination with consultants on clinical initiatives. Additionally, the position will facilitate some TPC member meetings and play an important role in member communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide strategic leadership, direction, and managerial oversight to GPO clinical resources that have been assigned to TPC for the purposes of performing cost saving initiatives.
2. Provide direction and oversight to the management of TPC’s Clinical Value Analysis Teams (CVATs) so that these teams work together successfully on cost saving initiatives.
3. Provide direction and oversight to the management of TPC’s Physician Sub-Committees (PSCs) so that they work together successfully on cost saving initiatives.
4. Work closely with TPC’s Supply Chain Council to provide insight into CVAT or PSC recommendations and serve as the voice of the clinicians for the Supply Chain Council.
5. Work closely with TPC’s Executive Steering Committee (ESC) and Board of Managers (BOM) as needed to provide clinical input so that they can better determine the impact on clinicians when making decisions.
6. Work closely with the VP, Supply Chain to improve processes and operations.
7. Assist with special projects as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
2. Ten years of clinical experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
3. Demonstrated expertise in managing cost savings initiatives in a healthcare setting.
4. Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and stakeholders.
5. Strong presentation skills in a variety of settings/formats.
6. Ability to solve problems, proactive and takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
Travel is required between 25%-50%.